Standing Up For Auto Accident Victims In Kentucky
After you have been hurt in a serious auto accident, it can be traumatic to find out that your crash could have been prevented. If a reckless or negligent driver made a poor decision that caused your accident, you should not be financially responsible for paying medical bills and other expenses related to your injuries.
At Fessler, Schneider & Grimme LLP, we stand up for survivors of motor vehicle accidents and their loved ones. We will fight insurance companies and at-fault drivers to secure maximum compensation for your injuries. Throughout northern Kentucky, our car accident attorneys are known for their client-centered focus and record of success.
Ready To Challenge At-Fault Parties And Insurance Companies
Led by our founding partner, David F. Fessler, our car accident attorneys use the law to hold responsible parties financially accountable. When you consult with us, we listen to your side of the story before we make our recommendations. Attorney Fessler draws on his decades of personal injury experience to identify the approach that helps you receive justice and damages for a catastrophic or fatal accident.
Our car crash lawyers regularly represent motorists, passengers, pedestrians or bicyclists injured by:
- Cars and SUVs
- Semitrailers, big rigs and other large commercial vehicles
- Buses and other forms of public transportation
Because auto accident payouts are expensive, insurance providers and at-fault parties will do everything in their power to avoid paying out fair claims. As your advocate, we move quickly to protect your claim. Our car crash lawyers will help you gather necessary medical reports, auto body repair bills and any other evidence that supports your version of events.
Whether you are filing an accident claim with an insurer or filing a lawsuit in court, we will guide you through the process. Our car accident attorneys strive to reduce the impact this legal matter has on your physical, mental and emotional health. It is our goal that you have the closure you need to move on from your accident.
When To Hire An Attorney After A Car Accident
Kentucky’s personal injury laws are complicated, and insurance company adjusters are pros at finding ways to minimize or deny claims. In general, it is wisest to hire a car accident attorney as soon as possible after a wreck – even if you are not sure if you intend to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit.
You also may need to find a lawyer quickly if any of the following apply to your accident:
- It involved severe injuries or someone’s wrongful death.
- There is unclear liability for the crash or liability is disputed.
- It involved multiple vehicles or potential claims.
- The wreck involved a large commercial vehicle.
- There are concerns about the preservation of evidence.
- The insurance company is trying to pressure you to settle.
Your Kentucky car accident attorney will evaluate your case and help you understand the compensation you may be due. This can include:
- Economic damages: These are losses that can be easily quantified, such as your lost current and future wages, the medical expenses related to the wreck and your recovery, and your property losses.
- Non-economic damages: These are harder to quantify but equally important to your claim and your quality of life. They include pain and suffering related to the accident and your recovery, the emotional pain related to your trauma and any ongoing lost quality of life and function.
- Punitive damages: These are damages that are awarded solely at the discretion of the court or jury, and they are designed to punish a defendant for particularly outrageous behavior.
Hiring a car accident attorney as soon as possible is the best way to insulate yourself against the insurance company’s mechanisms and protect your interests.
Timing is also essential when it comes to hiring an attorney. Kentucky only allows a one-year window for the victims of car accidents to file a claim. If you wait too long to act, you could lose the ability to obtain any damages at all.